I created another new magnet. It is the crucifix hand. While I was creating this magnet I was also studying the Holy Spirit at the same time.
A while ago I made a study on the Blood of Jesus and I was baffled that The Holy Spirit is actually accomplishing the same things in us, that the Blood of Jesus is meant to accomplish.
Let me show you what I mean.
The Blood of Jesus has the following purposes:
I am paraphrasing in my own words here so please go and read all the scripture references and make this knowledge your own. It really blessed me.
- The Blood of Jesus gives us a clean Conscience and cleanses us from all sin. (Heb 9:14, 1 John 1:7)
- The Blood of Jesus is for the remission of sins. (Mark 14:24, Mat 26:28, Luk 22:20)
- The blood of Jesus in the form of Communion gives us life. (John 6:53-56)
- We have been purchased with his blood. (Act 20:28)
- We have been justified and saved from wrath by His blood. (Rom 5:9)
- We have redemption and forgiveness of sin by the blood. (Eph 1:7)
- By the blood we are brough near to God. (Eph 2:13)
- His Blood brings peace and reconciliation. (Col 1:20)
- By His death Jesus destroyed the Devil. (Heb 2:14)
So these are just a quick summary of what the bible says about the purpose of the Blood of Jesus and I use this list every day when I use communion. I think them over and remind myself what the Blood of Jesus did for me.
When I did a study on the Holy Spirit I did a search on the Greek reference number for the Word ‘Spirit’. (G4151) It gave me 385 scriptures to work through!
I use E-Sword. It is a free Bible program (App) available for computers and for I-phones. Download it at www.e-sword.net.
The following is a short summary of the purpose of the Holy Spirit.
Once again I am just paraphrasing, please go read the references for a more extensive study.
- John said that Jesus will baptize us with the Holy Spirit. (Mat 3:11, Mark 1:10)
- Jesus was exalted by the Right hand of God, he received the promise of the Holy Spirit from God and then he poured it out on us. (Acts 2:33)
- The Holy Spirit is given to believers, who ask an believe. (Luk 11:13, John 7:38, Gal 3:14)
- The Holy Spirit always comes with Power. (Act 1:8, Rom 15:13, Rom 15:19, Eph 3:16, 2 Tim 1:7)
- We are washed, sanctified and justified in the name of Jesus and by the Spirit. We are purified in soul. (1 Cor 6, 2 Tes 2:13, 1 Pet 1:22 )
- The manifestation of the spirit is given to every believer. (1 Cor 12:7)
- We all receive the same Spirit, we are one in the Spirit, the same spirit that rose Jesus from the dead lives in us. (1 Cor 12:3, 1 Cor 6:17, Eph 2:18, Eph 4:4
- We are sealed by the Holy Spirit. (Eph 1:13 Eph 4:30, 1 Tess 5:23)
These are just a few things that stood out to me which are similar between the purposes of both the Blood of Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
Jesus shed his blood for our redemption, forgiveness, cleansing and unifying unto Himself. The Holy Spirit accomplishes exactly that. When we give our hearts to God we also receive the Holy Spirit and thus we also receive redemption, forgiveness and unifying with God. We receive Peace, we are justified and we even receive the same spirit of Faith. Galatians 4:6 says we receive the Spirit of Christ.
How do you know if someone has The Spirit of Christ?
1 John 4:2 says if any man confesses that Jesus Christ is Lord and has come in the flesh, he is of God. Any person who speaks against God does not have the Spirit of Christ. And then of course a sign of the Spirit is speaking in tongues.
There are of course much more to say about this subjects. Feel free to leave your comments!
I can send you a full list of all 385 Scriptures if you want! Let me know down below!
PS – If you would like to own one of these magnets send me an email.